Toonaangevend in logistieke oplossingen
How is Augmented Reality (AR) implemented in warehouses?
Augmented Reality (AR) combines computer generated images with the real warehouse environment. This gives employees valuable insights that can help them run processes more efficiently.
Completing orders plays an important role in ensuring that consumers receive the right products in the right quantities. For many logistics companies, this is a time-consuming process in which hundreds of barcodes are often scanned before an order actually reaches the customer. By using Augmented Reality (AR), this lead time is considerably reduced. Warehouse workers using devices such as barcode scanners or mobile devices with Augmented Reality (AR) can quickly and efficiently identify and collect the right items.
In warehouses, for example, mobile devices with a camera can be used to scan entire aisles and effortlessly find multiple barcodes at the same time. The Augmented Reality (AR) software then generates an overlay on the screen showing the locations of specific products. This allows employees to complete orders in just a few seconds.
The benefits of Augmented Reality (AR)
Implementing an Augmented Reality (AR) application offers numerous benefits for both management and operational staff:
- Order picking has never been easier. With a camera function and Smartglasses, a picker works hands-free, quickly and without errors.
- An alternative to Voice Picking while maintaining the same performance.
- Augmented Reality (AR) is part of a total solution in which hardware and software are combined. The integration with the underlying WMS or ERP system is very smooth and efficient, without major changes having to be made within this WMS or ERP system.
- Augmented Reality (AR) applications are very user-friendly and require little or no technical knowledge to use effectively.
- Increases employee productivity. They can work hands-free and focus on the correct handling of orders. In addition, safety in the warehouse is increased.
- Improving customer service. Delivery lead times are optimized. This allows a company to adopt a more customer-oriented approach.
Augmented Reality (AR) streamlines your business processes with employees who work safely and ergonomically.
Bet on the future? Feel free to contact us for more information about our Augmented Reality (AR) business solutions.